Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday 13 July 2009

The Matching Necklace


Here it is – the matching necklace I told you about two weeks ago.
I returned to Simply Craft on Saturday for another jewellery class and this is the result.
Once again, it was a relatively straightforward class, but with more of the wire work involved this time.


The things that I find difficult are: turning the t pieces on the round nose pliers to make a nice loop and opening and closing the rings to join things together!
Apparently practice is the key – so I need to sit down with a length of wire and do just that.
Take care.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you are saying about making the rings and opening o-rings - frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty ... the end dangly bit would make great earrings.
    Had a go at making earrings years ago and it was such fun ... made so many I did a stall at a fair to get rid of them lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh it's very pretty. I saw a chap at the show in Farnborough this year selling a special thingy to make opening and closing rings easier. Now I'm not a jeweller and actually was attracyed to his stand for the scissors, but that gadget thing seemed to me to be a gift of an idea. Will investigate and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab - good luck with your practicing ... I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete